What to Expect
Whether you are new to recovery programs or have been through several during your addiction history, you are probably wondering or anxious about what you can expect during your stay at South Coast Counseling. This page is designed to give you an idea of what our program is like, and schedule of how an average week in the life of a Plumer Street resident might look like.
Here are some things you can expect from your stay at South Coast Counseling
- Warm, home-like environment
- Friendly and respectful staff and residents
- Semi-private bedrooms and comfortable dining and common areas
- Delicious and nutritious home cooked meals from an in-house chef
- Employed residents who are serious about their long term recovery – not just trying to “beat a case” or stay out of jail
- Zero tolerance to drug and alcohol use – Regular drug and alcohol screening
- Sober living home freedom with residential recovery program meetings and structure
- Access to your cell phone and Internet
- Regular weekend and weekday evening visits with friends and family and time for recreational activities
- Fun recreational activities for residents and alumni in the community
- Open-door policy at all times to in-house counselors and staff
Here is a breakdown of a typical resident’s weekly schedule at South Coast Counseling:
- Pre 9:00 AM:Resident wake up, shower and ready for day. Clean rooms and do assigned chores.
- 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM: Out of house at work or on full-time employment search.
- 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM: Return to Plumer Street, check bedrooms and chores and help set table and prepare for dinner.
- 6:00 PM – 6:30 PM: Family style dinner in the dining room.
- 6:30 PM – 6:45 PM: Dinner clean up, prepare for evening meetings or activities
- Monday Evening: Resident Counsil and Recovery Planning In-House Meeting
- Tuesday Evening: Attendance at an Outside Men or Women’s 12 Step Meeting with fellow residents
- Wednesday Evening: Resident and Alumni Dinner and In-House 12 Step Meeting
- Thursday and Friday Evenings: Time for step and sponsor work, outside meeting attendance (2 minimum required outside of mandatory house meetings), individual counseling sessions.
- CURFEW: Sunday – Thursday: 10:30 PM, Friday – Saturday: 11:00 PM
- Weekends: Family, Spiritual and Recreational Free Time. 1-2 times monthly mandatory house activities.