Signs, Symptoms & Treatment Options
America may be in the midst of an opioid epidemic, but rates of alcoholism have also tripled in the last ten years. Since alcohol is socially acceptable, it makes it harder for those abusing alcohol to get help, but South Coast Counseling is here for you. Our dedicated treatment team can help you overcome alcoholism today.
Alcohol abuse is characterized by having unhealthy or dangerous drinking habits. There are many ways to gauge whether or not you have a healthy attitude towards alcohol. Unfortunately, alcoholism wears many masks, and these disguises are often sophisticated enough to fool us into believing we could not possibly be affected. Discovering a dysfunctional relationship requires that you be honest with yourself. Look for the following signs and, if you should find any, remember to be forgiving of yourself and seek out counseling for help in dealing with these issues:
- Most or all of your social outings and after-work or extracurricular activities involve drinking copious amounts of alcohol
- Craving alcohol at all hours
- The inability to control how much you drink once you start
- Finding yourself incapable of stopping
- Consistently having to up the amount of alcohol you consume in order to get that same buzz
- Hangovers and other unwelcome post-party guests are becoming increasingly pronounced or painful
- The strength of your relationships is suffering because your drinking habits
- You are experiencing physical withdrawal symptoms, such as nausea, anxiety, sweating, shakiness and more
Ready to Find Recovery? Request a Callback From Someone Who’s Been There.
Facts About Alcoholism in America
Let South Coast Counseling Help You Overcome Alcoholism
These are but a few of the many signs that the individual in question might be an alcoholic. If you or a loved one is currently dealing with one or more of these issues, please reach out to us immediately so that we can help. Our specialists are compassionate experts who can really make a difference.
Don’t Wait Until It’s Too Late.
South Coast Counseling has over 50 years of experience treating those who suffer from drug addiction & mental illness. Don’t become another statistic, get help now.
Don’t Let Alcohol Rule Your Life.
Get Sober Today. Request a Callback Now.