Signs, Symptoms & Treatment
Dysthymia & Addiction
Content Overview: Dysthymia disorder is a mental illness commonly associated with substance abuse. Learn more about the signs of dysthymia disorder, and how South Coast Counseling can help.
Dysthymia is chronic mild depression. With symptoms lingering for two or more years, impacting the life of the individual in a negative way. Dysthymia is also called neurotic depression. Symptoms when dysthymia are not as severe as those that are experienced with major depression.
Co-Occurring Disorders We Treat
- Anti-Social Personality Disorder
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Dependent Personality Disorder
- Histrionic Personality Disorder
- Narcissistic Personality Disorder
- Obessesive-Compulsive Personality Disoder
- Bipolar Disorder (1,2, and Cyclothymic)
- Chronic Mild Depression/ Dsythmia
- Major Depressive Disorder
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Panic Disorder
- PTSD/Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Separation Anxiety Disorder
- Social Anxiety Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD)
- Opposistional Defiance Disorder
- Insomnia Disorder
- Chronic Pain Syndrome
Although the symptoms are not as severe, dysthymia requires treatment by a medical or mental health professional. Anti-depressants are often prescribed and oftentimes, the client can benefit from therapy or counseling. Sometimes people with dysthymia also suffer from other disorders. As an example, we have helped clients who along with dysthymia, also suffer from amphetamine abuseor valium addiction.
If you are suffering from dysthymia, you need to seek professional help. Chronic depression can have a major impact on your overall life, including your work performance, your personal life, your relationships and more. We offer effective solutions that have been proven to provide positive results in the treatment of dysthymia and similar conditions.
Ready to Find Recovery? Request a Callback From Someone Who’s Been There.
South Coast Counseling offers inpatient drug treatment, inpatient alcohol treatment and mental health treatment that can address all kinds of disorders and substance abuse problems. We help clients of all ages, from children to senior adults. We take the time to complete a thorough assessment so we can set up a personalized treatment plan that can provide the results that you need to overcome the obstacles.
If you or a loved one have been suffering from dysthymia, call us today to discuss the options. We provide superior mental health and substance abuse services for those we serve.
Don’t Wait Until It’s Too Late.
Ready to Take Action?
Request a Callback 24/7