Join the SCC Team!
With your help, every year we support the mental health needs of people across Orange County when they need it the most.
At the South Coast Counseling, we want to make it fun and easy for everyone to get involved. We rely on the help of our awesome volunteers in spreading our mission, planning different events, and projects regardless of your experience or expertise.
South Coast Counseling is currently offering the following volunteering opportunities:
- Become part of our People of OC series that helps us challenge attitudes towards mental health through social media. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- Help shape our work across Orange County and help us develop our message of hope though our policy, fundraising campaigns and communications work on your campus or place of employment today.
- Become a guest blogger and share your story or personal mental health tips to help raise awareness and challenge attitudes. Email email@example.com for more details.
At the South Coast Counseling, we believe in offering students the opportunity to gain a meaningful internship experience whether it be in working one on one with clients, facilitating group therapy, and or advocating for mental health stigma reduction.
We provide the following programs:
- Practicum Students: An internship for students that are currently in the Marriage Family & Therapy Masters program. This program is dedicated to exposing students to serve a diverse population. We provide oversight to ensure that the Practicum Student’s work at this setting meets the experience and supervision requirements, and is within the scope of practice for the profession. If we are not registered with your school, and you would like to be a part of our organization, please let us know, and we can arrange it with them.
- Associate Therapists: This is a part-time program for recent Marriage Family & Therapy Masters program graduates with an official associate’s number looking to complete their hours. This program offers a diverse client and clinical experience. We provide intensive and extensive supervision and training to prepare associates for their profession.
- Psychological Assistants: In this program, Psychological Assistants will have the opportunity to administer and score psychological and neuropsychological tests to clients to measure clinical factors such as intellectual functioning, presence and extent of organic involvement, personality characteristics, and psychopathology. You will be under the supervision of a licensed mental health professional who will provide intensive and extensive supervision and training to prepare Psychological Assistants for their profession.
- Undergraduate Internships: We offer long and short term Fall, Spring & Summer internship programs for undergraduate students from all fields that satisfy University credits at our facility. By being a part of our team, you will gain skills and knowledge in a wide range of topics, which include (but not limited to), marketing & social media, operations, community outreach, administration, project management, research, and more.
To join our team, please fill out the form below and email your cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the program name as your subject line (ex. Applying for Undergraduate Internships). One of our team members will get back to you as soon as we receive them. Thank you!